Pages

08 June, 2010

Twenty-Five Thumbs Up!


Yesterday was actually quite a special day as we have another group of visitors from Fairchild TV, Ms Audrea Chan and cameraman Mr Koo who visited the Home Care Unit in the afternoon.


The interview this time is rather different than those in the past as it's more focus on how to live the end-stage-of-life, especially on how my family is coping with the situation, how to live with the disease and how to improve the quality of life. While Esther is having the interview with Audrea, and me as the background. Funny enough, I am so glad that this time around, I am just sitting at the background and I took advantage of the time to do the Blogger posting for today, i.e. this posting. We also did a shot while Esther would need to carry a cup to my bed side for me. Not sure about how the end product would look like, but I am glad that Esther is now part of the total picture (as with her presence then the picture is now complete).  The interview this time is focusing more on "quality of life" and to encourage "open communication" so the family can also face the process with ease. As you can imagine, my role is so simple as I am the one being taken care of, while Esther's role is much more difficult as she is the one who is taking care of me in additional to other daily routines. Our family now promotes and is working towards "normalization". Esther has returned to work, though part-time (and thank you to her boss' accommodation and understanding), and I am learning and achieving how to take care of myself in most daily tasks. I like what Esther said today, "We are learning everyday!" and with this attitude we are able to achieve small improvement day by day and our quality of life is also improving on a daily basis.

This interview will be broadcast this coming Wednesday (9/June) inside the Community News program (7:00pm to 8:00pm in Vancouver). It will also be repeated at111:00pm same evening. We hope you can find time to enjoy this possibly 3 minutes long interview.

To make this happen, thank you Audrea, thank you Koo, thank you Eileen, and most important of all, thank you Esther, thank you for your love, care, and everything that you have given me! Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. you are an inspiration to all of us!!!

    May u keep up the good work!!!

    take Care

    Deep

    ReplyDelete