Pages

20 June, 2010

A Special Father's Day

To our family, Father's Day is no different than any other day, as we would like to enjoy everyday rather than enjoying only special occasions. However, thank you to Daniel Tse of Sing Tao Daily (and Kathryn Tung who made the introduction), this year's Father's Day is a special one as the interview appeared in yesterday's Sing Tao Saturday Magazine.



The interview was done two weeks ago and I did not expect it to appear a day before the Father's Day. Then, the way that it's done and titled "Anti-cancer Dad" which I like it a lot. All the messages contained in the article are very positive and I especially like the photo of me looking at Esther smiling. That same smile I remember, also happened when we were taking the wedding photos. The photographer at that time (22 years ago) told us that we should not look directly at the others as the result would not be good. We should look at the air in front of us at an angle while we should be pretending that we were looking at each other ... and smiling! (Hahahah!) But looking at this photo this time, it's definitely okay to look at each other directly and the beauty of it is the feeling is true and the smile is also true and not pretending.

Another picture that Daniel chose, which is also my favorite, is the one taken by Esther Gan, of Esther and I walking on the sand (Spanish Bank) and holding hands in hands. This time, the picture is used as the back-drop and occupied two full pages.

I was asked this question and I still have no answer to it "If I will be around next year same time?" Though it is not important as this year's Father's Day is now part of the memory and this special article certainly serves a great purpose and meaning for me (and Esther)!

Thank you Daniel, thank you Kathryn, thank you Esther (Gan), and thank you all who provides me with all these wonderful memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment