Pages

22 June, 2010

Treasure What You Have ... Treasure Today!

Olivia's posting yesterday touched my heart (as well as many others). It's a simple posting but yet it's the true feeling that touches people. Treasure what you have (and not to complain what you don't have) and treasure today (to the fullest).

On the Father's Day, the Life-O-Life Team still went for their Sunday cycling gathering, this time in Iona Beach. We met at their coffee break location and took the below photo ... pretending that we joined the cycling gathering as well. David, Frankie and Clement bought their new bikes the day before and it's the very first time the bikes were tested on the actual road conditions.


Then, Leo bought our family the lunch. It's summer holidays and Leo is working his summer job nearby. He is good in making his savings and if he would like to be an accountant, he should be able to do his financial planning (and saving) well. Being a father, I am very glad that Leo knows early the importance of making a saving and financial planning. Olivia is also cautious in her spending, except that being a girl, and guess it's more in the genes, that girls need to keep the balance of being trendy (and good looking) and controlling her budget. She is also fond of the latest tech gadgets, such as iPhone4. These toys can be very expensive.

After the Sunday evening mass, Esther and I were invited to join a social gathering (on Father's Day) and by the time we got home it was kind of late. Olivia showed me what she wrote for me and I immediately asked her if she would like to publish it on my Blogger. She accepted and then posted it on the Blogger.

Today's afternoon, I am returning to BCCA for the CT-Scan. This result will show if my body conditions have improved or not, and if the new drug has worked magic on my body. The consultation will be done on 28th June with the chief oncologist, which I would then know the result of the CT-Scan result performed today.  My feeling is good though I cannot be too sure about what's inside of me!

Like what Olivia said: "No matter what happens in the future, no matter what the test results might be, we will get through them together. Good or bad, happy or sad, we will stay strong, as a family."

3 comments:

  1. Matt, you are blessed with two beautiful and loving children. That in itself is a reason to smile! God will continue to look after you (and your family), let's keep our fingers crossed for the test result next week. Stay strong X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in our prayers Matthew, hope the test goes well (and the results even better)!

    Matt T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Matt! Likewise, your mom and you are in our prayers and wishing your mom every best!

    ReplyDelete