Pages

20 June, 2010

To My Dad ... On Father's Day :)

To an ordinary family, a photo like this can easily be taken. In my mind though, our family is extraordinary. After all that has happened these past months, I have learned something important ; just because someone is alive and well in front of you one day, doesn’t guarantee that they’ll be okay the very next day. Treasure what you have.

To have a man this strong as my dad, is definitely a blessing. No matter what happens in the future, no matter what the test results might be, we will get through them together. Good or bad, happy or sad, we will stay strong, as a family.

You are truly my hero, Dad.
Happy Father’s Day :)


4 comments:

  1. Yes, your dad is an honorable man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia, Your dad is indeed a hero, a champion for life, he helps us to treasure life despite his own illness. The fact that you, Leo and your mum are there to support and care for Matt everyday - this also makes you all hero. Keep up with the good work. Lots of love X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Done Olivia. That is a beautiful post, and you are emotional strong to be going through what your family is going through. My children dropped off the strawberries to you yesterday and Emerald came back and she's so pretty. Triton was happy you called him cute. Enjoy the strawberries, if we have any more treats we'll bring them by, my children love to knock on your door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super touching, thanks for sharing.

    When I read this to my mom, she couldn't help but cry (and smile). But what we've learned as well, is to treasure each day and take it one day at a time. And have as little regrets as possible, when we look back.

    All the best,
    Matt T.

    ReplyDelete