Pages

28 June, 2010

Love, Life And Things That Can Happen In Between!

Another CT-Scan was done on 22nd June, 2010 in BCCA and this early morning I returned to BCCA to check on the result. Cautiously, I did not set very high hope on it. I was little concerned that the higher the expectation, the bigger the disappointment. On the other hand, I certainly did not go to the other side of the balance (the pessimistic side) because you should know me well by now, I am not an easy guy to give up (on anything)!

Last night, I did not sleep too deeply. There were a lot of snap-shots appearing and then disappearing. I knew well that they were not dreams but merely bits and pieces from my human hard disc. Last week, I talked to Olivia, Leo and Esther individually about my feelings towards the result and I am very glad that they all took it well and, like me, they also did not really bother about the result as naturally we have to accept what may come back. Even we would get a good result, and now that I have Mr Cancer visited me, there are no guarantee that he will not come back any moment in future. We learned and are still learning how to deal with him (and other life issues) and we should be prepared to deal with him for a prolonged period of time.


Sometime my feeling is like a seagull trying to find a shore to have a rest. It has been flying non-stop over the sea for a very long time, exhausted, starved and would like to just stop somewhere and have a rest.

Here come the result, the doctor said "Most of them (the cancer) are gone, and we consider this a miraculous recovery. Congratulations!" Then, she handed me the CT-Scan report which I studied in details. All I can say is "Praise The Lord who granted me a second life to live!" And thank you for everyone of you, who have supported me during this period of time. Thank you for all your prayers, which I continuously need them!

I am reminded that I need to continue to take good care of myself, be it my diet or my still stretching spines and ribs. My breathing is still an issue to work on, while the side effects of the drugs are still obvious and need to be taken good care of. I will still be having the pain and therefore the pain-killers, while the damaged bones will never be recovered and I need to learn to "live with them". There are a number of activities that I am unable to handle but some I may seek improvements.

You may still remember that when Esther and I learned about the cancer in late February, we didn't react much and it was kind of peacefulness we found in ourselves. Of very similar nature, we also feel peacefulness with us this morning. We smiled to each other and then hold our hands tightly together! It's clearly a blessing from HIM and all of you! Thank you and thank you!

5 comments:

  1. The weather in HK lately had been very bad with heavy rain/wind and grey cloud and the Sun finally comes out today! Yeah!!!
    Congrats on your great efforts! And thank you for bringing me such a good news today:) Keep it up an take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew,

    It’s fantastic news to hear that the cancer is subsiding. We are all very happy for you and your family. Hope that you will continue to progress well and be rid of the cancer once and for all. It’s so nice to know that miracles do happen!!

    Best Wishes,
    Ron & Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith, Hope & Love make miracle happen....God Bless....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt, it is excellent news indeed. Thanks to God and thanks to all the scientists who work endlessly in their research to find the miracle cure. But most of all, thank yourself of having the positive approach to life. It is the combination of positive thinking, miracle drug and above all - the love you have. Take good care of yourself X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you and thank you! Without your care, love and prayers, this miracle will not take place. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete