Pages

11 June, 2010

The Poem: My Story To Share (By Nathan Gan)

Nathan Gan is the son of two of my best friends, David and Esther Gan. I am also his Godfather. He is a very intelligent kid and like reading a lot. The poem below is written by him in one of the occasion to share with his colleagues in religious gathering.


+++++     +++++     +++++

One tells a story for others to hear
For anyone close or anyone near
They may be stories filled with light
Or they may be about moments of great plight
The moments where they stood and fight
With all of God’s love and all of God’s might
The recollection of these memories may bring pain
Or may the revival bring personal gain

My story alone seems filled with great sorrow
Rendering some of my life feeling quite borrowed
I seem to only remember the scorn
Making we wish as if I was never born
Tears I’ve cried when I went back
Eyes unfocused and body gone slack
I thought that my skin was a curse
Making my rendition of the meaning of life worse
I thought God had abandoned me
Learning my life empty of happiness and glee

Then came a huge chunk of mankind
Who saved me from darkness and pulled me from the blind
They showed me the way, the truth and the light
They told me to come follow them, and clear my sight.

Finally after all those days
With no personal cheer or personal praise
I felt love from peers for the first time
Life started having its rhyme
I changed my personality forever
And The Father and I saw eye to eye together
I truly felt I had God’s helping hand
And we eternally walk the Beach of Life with
Our feet sinking in the sand.


1 comment:

  1. Nathan, your beautiful poem and your writing style reminds me of the great English poet - John Donne. This is a very well-structured and meaningful poem. Well done, Nathan! Well done!
    Uncle Eric

    ReplyDelete