Pages

16 June, 2010

Another Ordinary Day!

Life is beautiful and an ordinary day is filled with joy and happiness and little things that enrich our life.

We dined out last evening in celebration of Dragon Boat Festival. It's a full meal 8 courses Chinese dinner, crab, abalone, shark fin soup, crispy duck pancake, deep fried grouper, and my favorite dessert. I must confess that it is not right to detour from my daily diet and ate a few things that I am not supposed to. Though, I am sure you would forgive me to take a break here and then. Keep in mind that the quantity that I took barely allowed me to taste sufficiently, except that I cannot escape from the temptation of dissecting a whole abalone with folk and knife all by myself. Like they say, some Chinese food you can really "die for" it! (And smile please!)

My ex-colleagues formed a delegation of five, who arrived in Vancouver last Saturday. Since then, we have been having breakfast every morning. This also means that I need to get up earlier than my routine. Yesterday, they left for tour to inner B.C. Therefore, this morning, after having my medication at 6:30am, I went back to sleep and got up by 10:00am. It's the kind of "dead sleep" as it would be phrased, totally unconscious and it's like you closed your eyes and then opened your eyes again, and in between was the sleep. Then, it's the big breakfast prepared by Esther. Then, I would attend reply to a few emails, working a few phone calls, and then reading a few things. Meantime, Esther would do me some fruit juice (as part of my routine diet). Then, lunch at home. In the afternoon, we decided to have a leisure walk in Minoru Park. The sunshine slowly came out but it was not strong, and underneath the trees inside the park, the temperature was perfect for a leisure walk. Hands in hands, Esther and I would also talk about different issues while enjoying the walk. To give you a feel of it, below is two photos taken this afternoon.



We then went to the supermarket to buy some food for dinner and also tomorrow. I actually enjoy walking around in the supermarket, to see if anything new to try, or if I can create some new dishes with the ordinary ingredients. It's a consultation process, as whatever I can dream up would need the final approval of Esther, as she is the final person who will implement it (to make it become true)!

We then enjoyed the dinner together and watched the news and TV programs.

It's an ordinary day. It's an ordinary day which is very enjoyable!

2 comments:

  1. It is such a wonderful gift to be able to enjoy the simplicity of everyday life, and be able to appreciate it to the fullest. Unfortunately, not everyone can do this and we all must learn to "stop and smell the roses"!

    Thank you, Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to be able to spend a relaxing day with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete