Pages

27 April, 2010

Three Thumbs Up!

It was 12th March, 2010, the second last day of me at the hospital, that this Blogger started. Thank you for all your supports that today, on average, there is about 200 visitors who would drop by this Blogger and this number is growing everyday. As it says in the heading, this Blogger is about death and dying! And by talking about death and dying to provoke us to think how to live better today ... this moment! Thank you for those who continuously encourage me to write everyday and thank you for those who have reached out for this Blogger and draw so many readers to this Blogger. These readers I don't know personally, which I treasured tremendously. 

Yesterday (26th April, 2010) morning, through the kind introduction of Mr Tung Chan, CEO of S.U.C.C.E.S.S., Ms Kristen Thompson of Metro News interviewed me in late morning, to talk about this Blogger. I didn't ask Kristen when the article will be published. The least that I would expect is that it is published today, as usually it will take days for this kind of article to be written, edited and waited to be published. It's much a surprise and more a coincident that I am visiting BC Cancer Agency for my oncologist consultation this afternoon before my second cycle of chemotherapy. I need to arrive BCCA an hour earlier than scheduled time in order to draw the blood sample before the consultation. So here I am in the waiting room, saw a (left over) copy of Metro News on one of the chairs. Esther picked up the copy of Metro News and same time asking me, "Do you think the article is published today?" Without thinking, I replied firmly, "I don't think so!" ... Esther then opened the Metro News, right on the center of the third page, (here I am again proven wrong right on the face), the article is published. You would need to see how happy Esther is, again once to prove me wrong! My message to you guys are "Never be too sure about every thing, include things that you are very sure about!" ... Life likes to make jokes on people who are always too sure about everything. Always keep an open-mind!


The link to the article in Metro News as below:
http://www.metronews.ca/vancouver/local/article/512682--terminally-ill-man-finds-refuge-online
You may either cut-and-paste the link and read it, alternatively, you can search for the article in metronews.ca website.

The idea of the above photo is by Olivia and it is also taken by her. This time there are three thumbs up. The first thumb was for you guys for all your support. The second thumb was meant for me. Now the third thumb is for Mr Tung Chan, Ms Kristen Thompson, and all others who willingly to promote and make this Blogger famous. Thank you! Let's keep up this effort and let's spread the message so more community members can be benefited this Blogger.

5 comments:

  1. I can't help crying when I saw your pic in today's Metro! I am so proud of you Matthew cuz of you I become stronger everyday as a new cancer survivor! You enlighten me on reflection on suffering - simply just "beginning of another voyage" as you said. Thx a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew, like others I saw the story in the Metro online. I will be thinking of you. I wish you all the best in your fight. It saddens me to know that this disease attacks good people. In my line of work I can think of many others that are well deserving of the hurt that makes it way through your body. This may sound cold and mean to some, but I really dont care. Take care my brother. You are a fighter and you will overcome this obstacle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are truly inspirational Matt, keep up with the good work. We are very proud of you. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Matthew! I read your article on yesterday's Metro. I'm going to save that article and show it to all my friends. Your story made me more courageous and appreciative of the things that I do have, instead of always wishing that things were different. I am sure that article has inspired thousands of people in Vancouver to appreciate what they have. Thank you and please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete