Pages

16 April, 2010

Love of My Mother-In-Law!


My mother-in-law, i.e. Esther's mother, is one of the nicest person I have ever met. She is 78 years old and a person always of a positive attitude, like the one I am showing you here. She has been suffering from asthma for long and starting end last year, she is also struggling on her back pain due to osteoporosis. (For those that are experienced would actually observed from the swollen finger joints, are due to arthritis because of long term consumption of steroid.) Yet, she is of positive attitude and insist in doing her housework and taking care of her son's daily needs.

She is still upset about my situation, since we informed her in early February. Keep in mind that she is also suffering from her own back pain and need to visit her doctors rather frequently, she is more concerned about my situation than her own. Every time, when Esther was talking to her over the phone, she is asking about my situation and how I was responding to various treatment, rather than allowing Esther to talk about her situation.

There was a touching moment, in early March, she was so upset and she asked God to exchange her life for me. In other words, she would like God to cut short her life and put it on me, so that I can live for more years. When Esther told me this, I didn't know how to respond. I am deeply touched by her will to sacrifice ... for me (and for her daughter)! The mother's love is so selfless and so great! 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Matthew,

    Please don't give up. See so much ...... support, love and care from all your family members and friends.

    God bless you.

    Ah king.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not-to-worry too much, Professor Chan... This is only a "Short Vacation" for you so that you'll get prepared for the next stage of your Life onwards!!! That's what I firmly believe!!! XOX, @..@

    ReplyDelete