Pages

13 April, 2010

Exercise. Exercise and Rest!


Exercise is important for cancer recovery. Resting does not equal to lying in the bed doing nothing! Simple exercises, such as merely sitting upright, walking around the house, talking and doing the simple houseworks are very appropriate exercises, as long as you don't overly stretch yourself.

Exercise can keep the heart and blood pressure at suitable level. It enhances metabolism of the body, as well, usually bring you positive attitude. I do encourage cancer patients to continue to do (appropriate) exercise and hopefully at a more of less same time.

The picture above featured Terry Fox. He started the Marathon of Hope 30 years ago. Now, by knowing how difficult it is to sustain the pain of cancer inside the bones, the courage and challenges that Terry went through at the time is tremendous! It makes him more admirable!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Matthew (Ah Choi),

    Long time no see.

    I'm very sorry to hear about your sickness this afternoon from Bill Tse.

    Anyway, I have prayed God for you immediately as God is the greatest one with healing power and God gives us everything even life. God bless you and you should believe that you will get well soon and recover. Please be faithful and please be strong.

    I really understand what your feeling and I just only want to comfort you. Please make a wish to yourself for getting well soon as the strong positive thinking/mind is also the powerful and effective medicine that will make your wish come true.

    It is not easy feeling for me if I told you that my young brother had passed away because of lung cancer as he was 30 years old after five years suffering. I understand your present feeling. Anyway, I have overcome the past sorrow now.

    Now I discovered and understand that the worry, fear, foolishness and sorrow are harmful to my brother's illness that made things worst and I did not know 14 years ago. Now, I understand that the good hope is also a good medicine for cancer patience other than love and care. Smile and positive thinking that all my family lacked at that moment and worsen my brother's situation in the past. So don't do the same mistakes again that I and my family did. Build up your healthy spirit and courage even have some exercise if you believe it work.

    Present technology and medicine are much more improved, advanced and effective. Today, to get well and recovery are really possible for a cancer patience. Be strong and your belief will heal yourself.

    Again, God love you. Please be strong.

    Your old friend in Hong Kong,
    Ah King (Miranda Lee)
    (Do you remember me?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miranda (Ah King),

    Thank you for your encouragement and important reminder regarding positive attitude. Indeed sometime it's more difficult for the friends and relatives to deal with the situation, than those who is actually suffering from it (e.g. your younger brother, me, etc.).

    We all learn through the process. I am only more gifted by HIM that I start learning all these even before I am diagnosed with the issue this time.

    The body is getting weaker these few days, but the spirit is still high and I think I am surviving okay!

    Thanks again and keep in touch!

    Yours, Matthew

    ReplyDelete