Pages

28 April, 2010

It's Complicated!

The title of today's posting "It's complicated!" is actually the name of a 2009 movie directed by Nancy Meyers, played by Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin. It's about a divorced woman, after a decade, is having "an affair" with her ex-husband. And as the name of the movie suggested, it's complicated!

I am only borrowing the movie name to describe what happened to me today on my treatment.


Today is supposed to be my first day of second chemotherapy cycle. As a routine, I would need to draw blood sample and do the doctor consultation yesterday, in order to check if my body is ready for the treatment. And I did. The trouble is there are certain body conditions changed and I was requested to do more blood tests, a few X-ray, and one more urgent CT-Scan was squeezed in for this morning, hopefully can still catch my originally scheduled chemotherapy (infusion). It's complicated! By the time, all these checks were done, it's already 3:00pm in the afternoon, and due to some "inflammation" in my lung, it's suggested that I shall not proceed with the chemotherapy today and wait for a week, which an anti-inflammation drug is prescribed. Another consultation with my chief oncologist is booked for next Tuesday and hopefully then my body condition will improve and either I am allowed to continue my chemotherapy, or alternatively, we may start another approach of treatment. Kindly take special note that this is neither a bad news nor a good news. It's simply the approach to go forward when the circumstances arise (and allow us to save the debate of all the technical details and different opinions involved here).

Life is not a straight line, as it goes left and right, up and down, and randomly! It is sometime simple and it can also be complicated sometime. There are actually time in yesterday and today that I am unable to understand a few things (both technically and mentally) but the key is to let it (or them) go as we must admit we all have limitations in our part of understanding (and we will never understand). Give ourselves some space to relax, some air to breath, and some time to ventilate. It's complicated but it's okay!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Matthew,

    God bless U all. Believe Him and trust yourself.

    Regards,
    Ah King

    ReplyDelete