Pages

16 March, 2010

Surprise In Life! ... Life Itself is a Surprise!


You guys may still remember the posting of "Tuesday with Matthew" a few days ago. Tuesday is now known as Patrick. He is my Secondary School classmate who came to Canada almost three decades ago. He went back for a few years in Hong Kong and took an MBA course in CUHK. In that MBA class, there was a guy, Ron (at my right in the above photo). In other words, Ron and Tuesday are also classmates. While Ron, and Calsa here, are the parents of Cheryl (on my left in the above photo) is the classmate of my daughter Olivia (at the left of Cheryl).

Get the picture yet? I only hope you are not feeling dizzy. To make it sounds funny, I would say: "Ron, do you know your daughter's classmate's father's classmate is also your classmate?" Or I would say: "Tuesday, do you know your classmate's daughter is actually my daughter's classmate?"

The interesting thing was: one morning while I was jogging with Ron, we talked about a guy with a lot of details matching, except that I called the guy Tuesday, while Ron called him Patrick! Hahahah! The conversation ended by me saying: "Probably we are talking about a different person."

Ron recognized Tuesday in this Blog and paid me a surprise visit this evening. He now knows for sure, Tuesday is actually Patrick! I don't really know how to calculate the probability of being your daughter's classmate's father is the classmate of your classmate. There are always surprises in life. Life itself is a surprise!

The odd of dying with cancer is far less than being "your daughter's classmate's father is the classmate of your classmate" ... ... WHY it is a surprise (or some say "shock") when I tell you I am now having Cancer with me? Or next time you should stay cool and say: "What? ... You only got Cancer? Can you not get something more extraordinary and unique so at least you can make yourself into an episode of House, or the Discovery Channel?" (And smile please!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! The odd is almost like winning the Lottery!!! Hehehe... =) You put a Big Smile on my Face, Matt! Well-done! Somehow, I believe that things happen for a reason and it just depends how to look at it... What I'm trying to say is: Some people will always look at things in a negetive way and some people will look at it the other way around! Imagine every morning, if you can give a simle to the person you first meet, that Smile will pass-on through-out the entire day!!! Get the picture... Just keep smiling everyday, Joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, it is full of surprises! And how can someone not smile alongside you when you are such a positive energy and always the teacher and mentor there is!

    Keep it up, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, you have proved the theory of 'six degree of separation' (also referred to as the "human web"! According to Wikipedia - 'if a person is one step away from each person they know, and two steps away from each person who is known by one of the people they know, then everyone is at most six steps away from any other person on Earth'. We are living in a small world indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, last time Ron and I met was having lunch at Richmond Sushi, probably 3 or 4 years ago. I didn't know "MuiMui" was Ron's daughter's classmate.

    Choi, I think I am related to you in many many different ways, more than I could imagine or calculate. Not sure it's your luck or mine. HaHa!

    ReplyDelete