Pages

13 March, 2010

Home ... Sweet Home! I am back!

Since 22nd February, 2010 (Monday), after 20 days at the hospital, today I am back home. Home … sweet home! Through the great efforts of my family, my brother Joey, and the community service providers, you can see my Super Deluxe Home Care Unit is now setup (at previously the sitting room). This will be where I am going to spend most of my time in the near future. The bathroom and toilet site is also set and ready for my utility (but I won’t show you the photo).


I will need to be transported from home to the hospital for treatment and it can be quite a job to work on due to my immobility. Though, compare with the hospital, home is always better for terminally illness people. The warm environment, the loved family members, the bits and pieces and small stuff that can bring memories of life moments! Most critical is the family members are still trying to learn how to take care of a patient and their own emotions. Adaptation to new set of procedures can be frustrating and depressing. Only with LOVE & CARE that they can be overcome! Greater LOVE & CARE and mutual support among family members would be the best.

Nothing is easy in life … but it’s the growing process, with pain and hard work that make you feel good at the end! When things are unfolding, you may sometime find it hard to swallow, but if you maintain the confidence in yourself and continue to walk tall and straight, one day you will be there. When you look back, you will be amazed how far you have walked and how many things you have done and how happy you are.

Life without pain is no fun – as pain contrasts and helps you feel the joy inside you.

Life is enjoyable – enjoy it while you can!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Matt: I'm sooo pleased that now you're home! I'll say that's the best place to be for you now so that you can spend time with your family & friends within your finger tips... =P
    As you know, I've to rest for a couple days before I can function normally! This time, I don't have any jet-lack (because of you) and I still can be up and going! I suppose that's all in our minds. If you tell yourself that you can do it, yes, you will do it! In particular, whenever I give lectures to my students and fellow designers, I keep telling them that if you think that you can be a Good Designer, you will follow the Goal and you can achieve it. The example that you've been set-up for the others are way over my imagination! Well-done, Bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew has always lived his live by leading by example. He also happens to believe that in his management teachings. What he is doing, by turning a potential devatating situation to one that everyone can participate and join in and enjoy it in the process, he has outdone himself this time.

    ReplyDelete