Pages

16 March, 2010

Acceptance of Life (and Death)!

I have got my leave. Bid me farewell, my brothers!

I bow to you all and take my departure.

Here I give back the keys of my door – and I give up all claims to my house. I only ask for last kind words from you.

We were neighbors for long, but I received more than I could give. Now the day has dawned and the lamp that lit my dark corner is out. A summons has come and I am ready for my journey.

- Tagore, from Gitanjali, XCIII

Not to worry my friends, I am not really saying farewell. It's only these short phrases have captured the feeling I have, when I am in preparation for my death (while still fighting the on-going challenges)!
The process can be so peaceful. The emotion can be so calm. The thoughts can be so simple and neat.
In the past few weeks, your supports and your prayers have overwhelmed me and "I received more than I could give"! I don't know when the summons may come, but I am ready  for my journey!
Through acceptance of life, we should have no problem accepting death!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Matthew you don't know me. I'm the boyfriend of Amy Mak (Joey's friend) and was introduced to your blog by Amy. I'd just like to say that it has been very inspirational and uplifting despite its topic. You have taken what is supposed to be the saddest time and instead turned it into a blessing. I just want to say thank you.

    With your permission I would like to introduce some of other friends to your blog so hopefully they can be inspired as I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jason! Thank you for helping me realizing my value ... even at a body state when having a poo-poo will cost a lot of sweat! Your message energize me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is Sharing... Love is Caring and Let's spread it around to make the World more Beautiful and Meaningful... Love, Joey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talking about poo-poo, Matthew, if I remember correctly, Morrie re-found his peace after his acceptance that having someone to wipe his annus is not an undignified thing.
    Sweating is energizing!

    Peace be with you!
    Claude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahah! May be we shouldn't talk so much and so openly about poo-poo in a blog ...to elevate Morrie's re-founded peace to the next level ... I not only re-founded peace (by having someone wiped me) ... there are actually joy in it (for being taken care of). You may consider to do an experiment today (asking someone to wipe you?) and check if you can find or re-found this same feeling of mine! Hahahah! I know I am naughty, Claude, but I am still a good boy. Right? Hahahah!

    ReplyDelete