Pages

05 May, 2010

What Is Going To Happen? (An Update!)

Canucks of Vancouver is going to meet up with Blackhawks of Chicago this evening in Vancouver for the third game of the Second Play-Off. Canucks were doing well in the first two games. Anything can happen this evening and no one know for sure yet if Canucks can win in their own turf, and then also this coming Friday, and then possibly this Sunday (in Chicago) and it is going to be really fun! Let's continue to cheer them up and looking forward to watch more games this season! Certainly, I do hope Canucks can make history, i.e. the Stanley Cup final! Everyone is aware that this is a controversial issue and I better keep my mouth shut from here.

Back on my update: I returned to BCCA for routine consultation early last week in order to assess my body condition for the second round of chemotherapy. Most of the indicators were okay except that certain (unexplained) side effects and "stresses" of my body did not give the doctors much comfortableness. Therefore, they decided to order for more checks, e.g. X-ray, additional blood check and CT-Scan, etc. This Monday (3/May), my chief oncologist was consulted and after some good discussion, we decided that I should stop my (first) chemotherapy treatment and proceed with the second line treatment, which involves an oral drug called Tarceva. It is a new drug and the side effects, mainly skin rash, apparently is quite tolerable. I started taking the (new) drug yesterday morning and now under careful monitoring of the side effects (as I joined the clinical studies of same) and all I can say is "So far I'm doing fine!" As the pain management is still a critical issue for me, especially this directly related to my body condition and living quality, I am working on it carefully. So far, I am still on long-acting morphine twice a day!

Esther and I visited Save-On Food in order to explore if there are any new food items that we can try on. We bought a few new items and then starting yesterday, we started the experimenting of mix-and-match! Tastes and choices of food definitely improved (or at least widened).

Nothing can stop us to learn and to improve! Provided we are willing and we are eager to take the first step (of learning and improving), there are a good chance that we can make certain things change. There are always risks attached to the "trial & error", like one of the soya sausage that we bought was of extremely bad taste and we decided to throw it away. It costed us $4 for the pack, which is a calculated risk that we can afford to risk and waste! But this risk (or waste) should NOT be laid in front of us as the obstacle for us NOT trying to improve. No pain, No gain!

I personally find this exploration and improving process very enjoyable and the return/reward is well worth it! My dear friends, please take special note that you don't need to be a cancer fellow to think like me. Being an ordinary person, I encourage you to strive for learning and improvement everyday! It's fun and it's very enjoyable!

2 comments:

  1. I read yr story via LOYAUKEE site @
    http://www.loyaukee.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14280

    There may be an alternative ... Have u ever heard Budwig Protocol( Budwig diet) ?

    the following is the profile of Johanna Budwig
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johanna_Budwig

    and what ppl comment after they follow the protocol @
    http://www.inspire.com/groups/lung-cancer-survivors/discussion/dr-johanna-budwigs-diet-of-flaxseed-oil-and-low-fat-cottage-cheese/

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you W! Please also help spread the ideas and help the betterment of this community!

    ReplyDelete