Pages

23 May, 2010

A Step Forward - Normalization!

A lot of things happened these two days and I am making good progress towards normalization of daily life. There are quite a few things that I have not done in the past three months, and quite a few things for the first time in the past three months, i.e. since the time when I was hospitalized and diagnosed with my cancer. It's both memorable as well as an indication of the improvement that I have made.


Last evening (22nd May, 2010) was Esther's Chinese Dance performance in Michael J. Fox Theater in Burnaby. It's organized by the Chen Ling's Dancing Academy, and standing in the middle is her teacher, Ms Zhang Jun. The show overall is a success and it's my first time to attend a public performance show, where I set for 3 hours. A record of my continuous sitting time. I also took a lot of photos and HD movies.

This morning, with the plan to normalize my daily life, Sunday breakfast gathering is set in a local restaurant and three other families joined to chit chat on various things. Although the gathering was short (about an hour as usual), the feeling was very nice and especially a step towards normalization. I zipped the "milk tea" (Hong Kong style) and it's nice although I have not tasted it for over three months!

Then, Esther, Leo, Olivia and myself attended the 12:00 noon Mass at our Parish. The 12:00 noon Mass usually are filled with not so many people and the atmosphere is quite relax. We met with a few friends and Parish goers, and both Father and Sister recognized me almost instantly and congratulated me on the progress I made, or at least I am able to attend church myself after 3 month's time. Thank you for all the prayers by our Parish families, I am so glad that at least today I am able to attend the church by myself and I shall continuous to work in this direction. Leo later collected the Parish photo album and it's really a joy reading those family photos inside the album. They are all very nice and well taken. It's an album and a record for the Parish, and it's filled with smiles, happiness and joy.

The Black Hawks (Chicago) won the Game 4 against the Sharks (San Jose) and entered the final of Stanley Cup. They are likely to meet with the Flyers (Philadelphia) unless miracles happens to the Canadiens (Montreal). Then later today will be the NBA Western Conference to watch how Lakers (Los Angeles) are going to perform today. Last but not least, the TV series LOST, being the Season Six and having the Finale (2.5 hours) this evening, it's going to be very enjoyable to watch and a certain kind of "lost" feeling afterward. Consider it's been six years that Leo and I have been watching this TV series, we developed a certain kind of feeling with them (the characters). Six years is a long time! Or at least six years is NOT a short period of time!

Life is so good and so enjoyable! Let's all live an enjoyable life!

5 comments:

  1. So nice of you to actually go out and enjoy with your family!

    Maybe miracles do happen to the good ones! (except fo the Canadiens!)

    Keep up the good work and say "HI" to everyone in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you got out Matthew! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent efforts Matt, well done!
    Who knows what tomorrow will bring, so enjoy today, every day, every moment X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Trizilla and Irene,

    Thank you and indeed we all should enjoy every day of today!

    Yours, Matthew

    ReplyDelete