Pages

21 May, 2010

This World Is Beautiful!

I am a big fan of Rabindranath Tagore and his works appeared in this Blogger two times already. The other day, when I was reserving my books with the local library, I decided to make a complete search for Tagore and a book titled "This World Is Beautiful!" came up and actually it's a (rare) collection of Tagore's works.


Inside this book, there is a poem I read the first time, and was written by Tagore in 1886 (age 26).

LIFE
This world is beautiful. I do not want to die.
I wish to live in the life of man,
and have a place in his living heart,
as in a sunbright flowerful garden.
Oh, the ceaseless ripple of life on earth,
the meetings and partings so happy and sad
With human joys and griefs I shall wreathe my song,
and live for ever in the deathless life of man.
If I fail, then may I have
a little place in your midst, my friends,
and make new songs at morn and eve,
like flowers that bloom to be culled by you.
Pick my flowers with a smile on your face,
and throw them away when they fade.


My friends, pick my flowers with a smile on your face, and throw them away when they fade!

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite:-
    "It's a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong.

    I see trees of green, red roses too
    I see them bloom, for me and you
    And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

    I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
    The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
    And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

    The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
    Are also on the faces, of people going by
    I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do
    They're really saying, I love you.

    I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
    They'll learn much more, than I'll never know
    And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

    Yes I think to myself, what a wonderful world.
    Oh yeah...

    You are beautiful, Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dream On,

    Thank you for the sharing. It's beautiful!

    Yours, Matthew

    ReplyDelete