Pages

02 May, 2010

A Beautiful Morning in Spring!

Taking an unexpected "vacation" from the second chemotherapy cycle, which now pending the oncologists consultation tomorrow (3/May), Esther and I decided to alter our daily routine a bit to fit in a morning walk this morning. Not too far from our house, but at least enough to exercise my lung as well as to seek (moderate) improvement on my immobility.

The sky was cloudy and when we were ready to leave, it started to drip. Not enough to make you wet, but enough to keep some "tears" on your jacket. To play safe, Esther decided to come back and fetch for an umbrella just in case (which proven her decision is correct again).

Morning air is always fresh! It's (one of those things that) money cannot buy. Being out in the open air is such a wonderful feeling, though a lot of people may not recognize. I do understand ... you mind are occupied by something more important, e.g. the next appointment, an important left-over issue from yesterday, a deadline to meet, etc. For me, I have nothing more important than my Here & Now, I have nowhere to rush to (and keep in mind that no way I can rush myself due to the immobility). At this very moment, all I need to enjoy is the being with myself, with Esther, with the air, the trees, the flowers, the rain, etc. Being what I am being!


This is the pine tree in front of our house. The photo is taken this morning! Very fresh ... Hahahah! Six years ago, it was at a height of about 1.5 meters, and today, it's more than 2.0 meters tall. As you can see, the light green is outgrowing the darker green pines, while there are still buds coming out from the tips. This is really the force of life, especially in spring time. New is replacing old and this shall continue endlessly. No matter where you look, you can see a lot of life forces prospering and surrounding you!

I am so glad I have the chance to see various creatures of God growing so strongly this morning. Each day when I open my eyes, the first thing I do is thanking God for giving me another day to live! (*Please note I have this habit long before my encounter with cancer.) Everyday is an enjoyable day! Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Matthew, thanks for reminding us to appreciate the simple things and everything in life which is God given. Every new day is a day earned and we should treasure all the people around us and try to live our lives to the fullest because life is short and just a transitory stage. In the end we can all expect to experience a happy ending just like in a fairy tale ............ they lived happily ever after ........ albeit in heaven!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Matthew

    Today is sunny and windy, a change from all the rain...looks like a sunny week coming up. it is true that we rarely have time to just pause and appreciate the simple things in life, too much on our minds!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joe and Wendy,

    Thank you for your nice words!

    Yours, Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Matthew,

    First off, thank you for sharing your journey and life with your readers. Although you don't know me, I'm amazed by the many things we have in common. Like you, I am a positive person who always sees the good in life, partly because I'm a Christian too =)

    Coincidentally, my name is also Matthew (which as you know, means "gift from God" - I guess that's why both you and I see life and each day as gifts).

    It's taken me 5 days, but I was able to read all of your entries to my mom, who as it turns out, is going through pretty much what you're going through. She's in her 50's, Asian, never smoked, and was suddenly diagnosed in Nov with Stage IV Adenocarcinoma, NSCLC.

    Your journey is a mirror of ours, and I am so glad that you are still positive and laughing, because that is so important. I'll stop for now, but I have many tips for you as you continue your journey!

    Take care and I'll write again soon,
    Matthew T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Matthew T.,

    I am touched by the love and care that you have expressed and exercised towards your mother. Continue to stay strong and do share with us if any tips that you may find useful to the readers of this Blogger.

    Yours, Matthew

    ReplyDelete