Pages

03 May, 2010

Six Thumbs Up! Today in Ming Pao Daily (Vancouver Edition).

It was on 27th April, 2010 that I did a posting in this Blogger titled "Three Thumbs Up!" covering the interview done by Metro News. Within less than a week, another local (Chinese) newspaper, Ming Pao Daily Mr Austin Feng interviewed me yesterday (2nd May, 2010) afternoon and published the story today (Page A9). It is also confirmed this afternoon that another local media, OMNI TV will pay a visit to me covering my story tomorrow (4th May, 2010).

All these activities, in additional to my oncologist consultation this morning in BCCA which is leading me to a different direction (and I shall cover it in my future posting), are charging me up! Keeping me occupied (not exactly busy though) and energized. The sense of doing something meaningful and promoting positive messages actually make me (and my family and friends) feel good. Some of them are actually more excited than me, sending emails to their contacts, calling friends, or even help me do the wall posting on my Facebook, etc. Hahahah! But what I would like to emphasize here is really on the key messages:

1) Let's face and talk about "Death and Dying"! And by talking (openly) about death and dying to provoke us, our Loved Ones, family and friends, to think how to live better today (this moment) and to it's fullest!

2) Now that Cancer is with us (directly and indirectly), let's try to "live with it" and let's try to "treat it well"! Let's live positively with him/her and try to make the best out of it! (*Let's not ask "why?" or "why me?" as these questions will NOT lead you anywhere and will only consume your energy. It's better to spend the energy elsewhere, e.g. to improve the daily living quality and your own body conditions, etc.)

Today's posting titled "Six Thumbs Up!" as last time we already have "Three Thumbs Up!" Thank you for all the supporters and readers of this Blogger, thank you my colleagues, especially Eileen Lao, Public Affairs Manager in S.U.C.C.E.S.S. in putting me in touch with Mr Austin Feng of Ming Pao and Ms Fiona Law of OMNI TV (and possibly a few other medias in the future). Thank you for help promoting these positive messages for the betterment of our community! 




Birth and death are two different stages of ONE process, we should celebrate birth as well as try to enjoy our death - the end stage of life! Cancer is one of many reasons that causes human death. Cancer is one of the many diseases and sicknesses that can lead to human death. If we can look at them plainly and take it as "our every day life", there are really nothing to be scare of, or to deny! Rather, we shall enjoy our everyday, every minutes of our life, and live to it's fullest!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Matthew,

    Please keep on writing.
    Please love yourself by taking good care
    of yourself ...... Please take enough rest and
    have execrise to tune up / refresh your mind and body.

    Regards,
    Ah King

    ReplyDelete