Pages

16 July, 2010

Thank You For The Call!

Today is Friday and my first appointment didn't start until 10:30am, so I decided to sleep-in. Esther took Olivia to the summer school so I don't need to get up early, except got up briefly for my morning medication. Then, it was about 9:00am that my house phone rang. A man's voice on the other side, speaking in Mandarin but of very strong Cantonese accent, claiming him as the reporter from a state news agency, and would like to do an interview with me. ... ... Hahahah! It's the voice of my old buddy George, although I must admit "Your Mandarin has improved a lot since all your frequent traveling to China in recent years!"

It's a great and enjoyable surprise for me to get a call from my old buddies while I was half sleeping (and didn't quite get back my conscious yet). I am also very thankful to the latest technology (Skype in this case) that we can do the video conference together. The feeling is great and it's like almost sitting opposite to one another. It's still the start of the day here in Vancouver, while it's already passed mid-night in Hong Kong. "You made my day!" and I decided to get to the Blogger and put this down. In fact, the Sing Tao Daily interview is published also today (reference separate web-links).

Guys, thank you for calling in this morning and don't let it stop! Hahahah! 


In above picture, Matthew is sitting with his best three friends!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mattew,

    Congratulations on your recovery.

    Could you please advise what kind of juice you drink and how to drink them

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Angi,

    It's just normal fruit juices. Any kind of fruit juices are okay as long as they are fresh. For example, my favorite is apple with lemon, then you can have water melon, strawberry, etc. Another point is not to mix up the colors, usually the fruits are separated into red and green color, so don't mix the fruits that are of different colors.

    Yours, Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Matthew,

    Very glad to hear your excellent progress! My mother was diagnosed last September with pretty much the same case as you (ie. Her stage IV lung cancer has spread to her brain, bones, etc and she was on morphine also. Currently she is taking Tarceva as well.) Do you mind telling us what exactly you eat and do each day, from the time you wake up to your bedtime at night?

    Thank you!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cherie,

    I don't mind telling you what I did for the day, but I personally feel that each individual is different and thus will respond differently. I will try to elaborate the 5 key contributors in more details in future postings. Best wishes and prayers to your mom as well. Stay positive and stay strong!

    Yours, Matthew

    ReplyDelete