Pages

17 July, 2010

Recovery Or Remission

In Chinese language, it is hard to differentiate between "recovery" and "remission". Since yesterday's interview article in Sing Tao Daily, a lot of friends, and friends of friends, called or emailed me and congratulated me on my "miraculous recovery". Which "recovery" means usually "return to healthy and normal life". In the case of cancer, which also expressed in my previous postings, we need to be caution that once we have cancer with us, it is going to be with us, and we need to learn how to "live with him". In my case, I am very lucky (again Praise the Lord) that apparently I responded well to the drug (Tarceva), in additional to other contributors, and as per my latest CT-Scan (on 22/June 2010) that most of the foot prints of Mr Cancer in my body is now gone (except effusion on my left chest and it will take some time for the spines and skeletal bones to repair themselves). In medical term, usually my situation is called "in remission", which means "temporary diminution" (reduction in disease/pain). Like what I posted on 28th June, 2010, the day that I learned about my latest progress, we still need to be cautious to take good care of ourselves, be it the diet, or managing the side effects of the drugs. Although the cancer is in remission now, we need to be prepared that it may come back ... anytime at his wish! On the other hand, like everyday before, we shall continue to live our life to the fullest ... everyday!

A lot of you want me to disclose the secrets of my "speedy recovery" (and again it's in remission versus recovery), and other than those 5 contributing factors, I really don't have much to offer. Also, please take special note that everyone of us are different individuals, we are a stand-alone system and may respond differently to same things. Therefore, I would suggest each one of us should try to tailor ourselves for a scheme best suiting ourselves. I will try to write more in this direction in future postings and I certainly hope you will find them useful. The most important of all remains "the positive attitude" as once you decide to stay strong emotionally, your positive energy immediately comes to you and you can actually feel you are stronger already. Try to take a deep breathe and you can immediately feel the oxygen being transmitted through your blood vessels into your body, the positive energy! Stay relax and keep breathing in and then out ... repeat this a few times and you should already feel the effectiveness of your body.

All best wishes to all of you, good health and an enjoyable everyday life!


This picture was taken in West Lake in Hangzhou City of China. It's so relax and peaceful. Then, you can actually follow the rhythm of the willow and then breath-in and breath-out.

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Tsui is a good writer. That was a good article, short but to the point. Thank you for posting it.

    Would you be able to post on your blog too the television interview on June 9th with Fairchild TV? I missed it.

    Now that you are in remission, please continue to enjoy quality time with your family and be loved and pampered by them; as they need you to be well and be with them for a long long time. Going back to work is a good start, but be careful not to exert yourself. Stress would make him come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, you take nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete