Pages

03 July, 2010

The Key Five Contributors


In the past few days, I continuously receiving greetings and blessings from friends and relatives. Of my spines and skeletal bones are still under stress and I am still under the medication of pain-killer (morphine), and like most of you said correctly, I still need to be caution about what I do and eat. BCCA is going to monitor my blood indicator and another CT-Scan in two months' time. Only then I can be ascertain that my condition is stable. Again, even if my condition is stable, I still need to be caution that now I have cancer with me and I need to learn how to live with it (and be prepared that it will come back any time as per it's wish). 
In summary, there are five key contributors in my so-called "recovery", or I prefer to call it "improvements":

1) A positive attitude: This is of prime importance. To me, this one stand out significantly. Imagine no matter you are sick or not, if you are having a positive attitude, everyday of yours will be happily lived. This positive attitude can also be contagious and very powerful.
2) The diet change: As recommended by another cancer survivor, I adopted the "alkaline" diet, i.e. to drink a lot of fresh juices and eat mostly (fresh) salad. It is important to avoid red meat and seafood with shell. In a reduced amount, I do eat fishes and white meats. White sugar should be avoided.

3) The health supplements: After careful selection, I decided to take ONLY multi-vatimins and YunZhi (Oncozac), to help on my immunology system. 

4) Appropriate exercise: Keep yourself active and move your muscles whenever you can. Even if you are immobile and confined to the bed, you can still move your muscle one by one and keep them active and keep the blood circulation.

5) Qi Gong: I didn't believe in this in the past. But this time I learned it. Basically, it is about relaxation and breathing. It's a very natural activity that most of us can do with ease and it really helps. It also help you mentally (as it's also like meditation).

In future postings, one by one, I shall share with you my experience on above in details. The objective is to provide you with some reference in case you may be interested in them. It's also good for those who are healthy as in my opinion, they are also useful for preventive purpose. 

Wish you and your family all the best and good health!

2 comments:

  1. I'm overjoyed to hear about your great news. Hope you continue to keep up your upbeat attitude.

    I would like to take up Qi Gong soon. Do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ice,

    I learn the Qi Gong from Master Hong, who also teaches in community center. If you need his contact, send me an email at mattchan0420@gmail.com and I shall provide you with his communication.

    Yours, Matthew

    ReplyDelete