Pages

24 July, 2010

A Special Posting of Comment on This Blogger

 This morning I woke up early as I was expecting a call from the other side of the world by 9am. Then, as the call was delayed for an hour, I spent the time in browsing back on the posting of this Blogger and I found one comment posting under "Yesterday Was A Sunday!" dated 5th July, 2010. For your ease of reference, the comment is copied and pasted here below:

Friends directed me to your beautiful site, Matthew, mentioning that you quoted from my memoir "Not Yet". Thank you for building a bridge to my work. Busy writing my new novel to meet a deadline, I can now only peruse a half dozen of your entrees. I focused on the family ones - and what a strong and caring family you have Beyond those who are clearly of your own blood relations, and adopted as I was, to me, "family is who loves you". Buddha said, "Be where you are; otherwise, you will miss your life." And so, in all your joyful sharing of the daily and ordinary pleasures that matter, you reflect a full and contented life. Your words inspire many to feel included in your philosophy of living a good life, to be "family" with you. I look to your living example with much respect. You know the ten thousand blessings. If I may - to you and all your family - with admiration and affection, from your fellow writer,
Wayson Choy, Toronto


Mr Wayson Choy is the writer for a book called "Not Yet" which I did a posting on 24th June, 2010 and he also wrote a few other beautiful books, the Jade Peony, and Paper Shadows, which I just finished reading them. What make Mr Choy special is his experience of facing death and look at his beautiful words and quotation in above posting again. 

Thank you Wayson! Thank you for dropping by!



Above are two other books written by Mr Wayson Choy.

No comments:

Post a Comment