Pages

22 July, 2010

Despicable Me!

I haven't been to the cinema for a very long time and I recall vaguely that last time I was there for the Avatar (which was an excellent movie). Then, yesterday afternoon, after a few weeks talking about it, we decided to take the early show of Despicable Me in 3D. I must admit, nowadays, only 3D films can draw me into the cinema, and believe me, I can be there for days after days, watching all these 3D movies.


The story is a relative simple one, a bad guy is transformed into a good guy by the warm hearts of a few cute little girls. Surely you would agree that you are there NOT for the story line, but more to appreciate the details of the character and 90 minutes of visual and audio effects that allow you to escape from the real world temporary. And you may be able to leave the cinema with a few lines that you treasured most, or even pretended that you are one of the characters. (*I actually like Victor a lot, and his little belly underneath the exercise suit, and not pajama!)

It's a lovely movie and brought good memories to us and I encourage you to also find time to enjoy this movie (or anyone else you like, e.g. the Inception, I was told is very good too!). Relaxation can be in the form of "gently breath in and breath out", and relaxation can be enjoying a movie with someone you care and love, or relaxation can be just half an hour walk in a park nearby. Keep in mind "Relax" is difficult to learn, but as soon as you can master this skill, you will be able find already 50% of the joy of life. I am still learning but I am glad that I am making good progress in this direction.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, me and my kids saw the movie too. It's quite entertaining. I am glad that you are recovering well and your health are slowly get back on track. Thumb up!!! :)

    Estherino

    ReplyDelete