Pages

01 July, 2010

Canada Day!

Yesterday I called up BCCA to check on my CEA (tumor marker) reading, and as expected, it is now at 71, versus the highest at 1400 and at 290 a month ago. This result re-affirmed the CT-Scan report done on 22nd June, 2010. It's a miracle! To tell you the truth, I am still digesting this piece of news. It's strange, isn't it? I have no problem facing death, and now my report showed that most of the cancers are gone and I have issues accepting it as-is.

A good friend of mine was joking me that I should asked the doctor if they have made the mistake in my first scan, which clearly no mistake were made, the bone-scan, the two CT-Scan (one in the brain and one in the abdominal cavity), the biopsy and finally the MRI, etc. Then, another CT-Scan on 28th April, 2010 which showed that my body conditions was worsen than in end February (which I did not report it in this detail in my Blogger), which lead to the decision of stopping my traditional chemotherapy and switched to the second line treatment, i.e. Tarceva. But reading the latest CT-Scan report again and again, I really learned some new vocabulary, the words are all meant for similar meaning: disappeared, relief, no longer seen, replaced, decreased in size and now challenging to see, compatible with healing, unremarkable, not identified, etc. No matter what words are used, important is the message!

A lot of my friends congratulated me on this good news, and same time, they also cautioned me on my diet, my rest and my living style. They are still very concerned that one day the cancer will come back to me (and we are going to have the same story all over again)! They promised me to continue their prayers for me and they would like me to enjoy my life much more than before. Gladly and willingly, I accept all what you said and suggested! Please accept my heartfelt "thank you"! Without you, this miracle would not have happened.

It's Canada Day today! It's the same me and in a way it's not the same me anymore, especially when the body was confirmed with cancer spread in a number of organs, and now it is cleared! This Canada Day is the same as before and to me, this Canada Day is not the same as before!


This picture was taken last year in Canada Place on Canada Day. Using a low angle, the illusion is the ladder is a tall one and the clown is performing stunt, but actually the height is no more than a person. This is a good way to train us looking at thing from different angle.

1 comment:

  1. Things never changes?
    Things changes!

    Things does change for the better!

    ReplyDelete