Pages

31 July, 2010

The Encyclopedia of Stupidity!

A very good friend of mine reminded what I sent him in June 2005, i.e. 5 years ago. It's a direct copy from The Encyclopedia of Stupidity by Matthijs van Boxsel, at page 96, it says the following and don't forget to have a good laugh after you finish reading it. And do come back often and read them again and again ... as it serves as a good reminder for us.

Man hides his mental indolence and corruption behind platitudes:
Stupidity has spread the following infernal phrases among men:

Who’d have thought it …
I would never have thought so …
I didn’t notice …
I didn’t realize …
It will have to do …
It makes no difference …
It leaves me cold …
Tomorrow is another day …
No rush …
All in good time …
I didn’t notice …
I know what I want …
I’m not that stupid …
Stop going on like that …
It won’t kill me …
Laughter is the best policy …
Don’t believe everything you hear …
Whatever the cost …
It isn’t possible …
To each his own …
God will provide …
Patience is its own reward …
I’m not the only one …
Enough is enough …
What business is it of yours? …
In my view …
That’s impossible …
Not another word …
I can do no more …
Time will tell …
The world keeps turning …
You only die once …
What are you thinking of? …
Come what may …
I speak my mind …
We are all in the same boat …
I know whom I’m dealing with …
That’s my business …
Wait and see …
That’s what they say: “And lots of “buts” and “maybes”.

But the favorite refrain of these blockheads is ‘Come what may!”

These foolish phrases render men arrogant, lazy and slovenly. They are the ice over which I glide, they make my mistress’s wheel revolve, and spin the sphere that serves her for a shoe. But when these idiots let me escape, can I be blamed for slipping away?


We sometime need to think outside the box, though we are always inside the box (or boxes) of somewhat!

No comments:

Post a Comment