Pages

22 January, 2011

You always have a choice! Always!

My case of "swallowing problems" now became an official mystery. All the professionals involved, after the big meetings and small ones, came back and said they don't really know what happened. They did offer me alternatives, such as drinking "thick" liquids in order to avoid risk of choking. Eating solid food is not possible, neither is consuming thin liquids a good idea. To go further down, they may also offer me alternatives such as adding a feeding tube directly to my intestine. This means the food will go straight into my intestine without me knowing the taste.

It always amazes me how little knowledge we have on our own body. We have been living with the same bodies for centuries long, and technically (and biologically) I doubt it has changed even a tiny bit structurally. And yet there are so many things about our own body that we don't know. Every knowledge is so deep and wide.

Last evening there was an interview about a father, whose daughter, aged 13, committed suicide a few years back. He wanted to come forward and speak up and to warn the Chinese community in Vancouver about "emotional wellness". Be more sensitive and caring to the kids, or your spouses. This kind of news always saddens me. As you can imagine, each day there are people struggling their way through the hospitals. They suffer for various kinds of pain, different degrees of pain, many different types of uncomfortableness and even some mysteries, perhaps an unknown case of swallowing problem.

If ever in the future, you think that you may have ran out of options, think again, as there is always a choice just around the corner, and a choice just in front of you.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed we all have choices.
    But I am sure all of us reading this blog, after reflecting on ourselves and learn to appreciative what's around us, are praying to God to give you the one option we all want Him to give you......a better quality of life. be it for 1 day or for 30 years.

    I am sure he is He is hearing us!

    ReplyDelete