Pages

20 January, 2011

How is it like if you haven't eaten or drank in the past 2 weeks?

If you lived long enough, you would have come across sarcastic real-life stories that are either ridiculous or impossible to bear. For example, a world known liver expertise who had a minor cut in the surgery, got infected by hepatitis and was killed in one week. A world class stuntman who jumped between cliffs of thousands of miles in height, who walked down his front yard, only six or seven steps, head first, hit the ground and broken his neck. He died instantly. The story list can go on and on. The key message here is, no matter what happens, there is a cause and there is a way to come. A lot of people (before and after us) have tried to avoid things to happen, or may have wanted to change the result to a more favourable term. Either way we failed.

My advice to you is "Let It Be!" If you go deeper, you failed by trying deeper and harder. The result was not deviated a bit even if you tried extremely hard to alter the outcome. But still, back to the first point, it simply remains the same as before. So, why move in the first place?

This morning, another modified swallowing test was performed. The performance has marginally improved, but among us, we discussed in detail what options lie ahead of us? If i am unable to swallow and sent home, I am basically eating less and less and one day, wasted totally and I die. Or the doctors prefer to have a feeding tube on me, directly to my intestinal area so nutrients can be supplied and I can be strong enough for cancer treatment. The risk of bone fractures are always there, as this time around, my cancer mainly affects my spine and ribs.

Breathing these few days have improved. I am so grateful that God has given me the opportunity to breathe (again), whether it is a light breath, a short breath, a luxurious deep breath, or my most enjoyed "yoga breath." I am also grateful that God has allowed me to swallow this afternoon, whether it is a short swallow, a harsh and hardened swallow, a swallow that you may not like, or a big swallow of turkey potatoes mashed with a full tea spoon. Everything is a great joy!

For your ease of translation, below is my lunch menu (and its translation):

Starter: Lobster bisque (heartland vegetable soup)
Main: Thanksgiving turkey with world wide green on the side (hot turkey sided with mashed turnips)
Dessert: Lemon pudding
Drink: Nectar-Orange Juice served with thickened water.

You must take the special note that all these dishes are for real. I actually drank and ate them. And I shall continue to go this direction.

Improvement is a process. It can be done day-by-day, or week-by-week. We must not rush, as rushing may not bear any meaning. More importantly, try to encourage those beside you to take care of others. Try to make this a better world. It's such a beautiful world!

1 comment: