Pages

07 January, 2011

Relationship Between Trust and Miracle

My CT scan and bone scan for my body were performed on Dec. 8th, then the superficial radiation followed by the new chemotherapy drug on Dec. 22nd. I'm not quite sure when the bones (spine,ribs, etc) started to become so fragile, but something as small as a cough, sniff and even as simple as incorrect standing posture when I brush my teeth can cause me fractures in my bones and therefore a lot of pain. For example, it was about 2 weeks ago that everything was working normally, which included a fantastic Christmas Eve gathering among friends and family.

After a few pain management attempts, I still was unable to reduce the pain in anyway. A visit to BCCA was made yesterday with the pain management team. After various consultations, the case was referred to the Vancouver General Hospital (spine section) and it is confirmed that the C2 bone is fractured and a surgery is required today (Jan. 7th)

Any decision bears its pros and cons. Any surgery will have risks attached. The community is about division of work, and trust among the members. We need to trust the hands of God as well as the capability of our medical professional team. There are little that we, as a patient, can do. But don't underestimate the power of trust, i.e. the trust in God. The trust in the fellow community members and the trust in yourself. This trust is a positive power and can take you very far. As far as a miracle needs be.

I may not get up from the bed afterwards (paralyzed), or I may even die from it. But friends, keep the trust between us, and I shall see you at the other end (when I wake up tomorrow) No matter where!

4 comments:

  1. Take care Matthew, I'll keep you in my prayers. Don't be afraid, for He is with you.

    All the best,
    Matt T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have prayed for you, Matthew.

    Best blessing.

    Regards,
    King

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Matthew, take care and wish you well after the surgery.
    With love and care, Miranda xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matthew, I wish you the very best in the operation. Your trust in God and your determination will carry you through this ordeal. Talk to you when you wake up! Eric

    ReplyDelete