Pages

12 January, 2011

January 12th, 2011

This morning when you wake up in Vancouver, you will discover a new layer of snow on the ground. It is not the first time in this winter, but indeed like a few of you may agree, it gives you some form of pleasantness.


Esther waited for the snow to dissolve before she set herself off to Vancouver General Hospital in Vancouver. A few friends offered their ride to take her here, but she has chosen drive by herself. Actually driving in this type of weather sometimes can be very pleasant.


One point I would like to draw your attention that writing a blog during this time is more difficult than previous. I now need to write down the blog content, give it to Esther, carry it back for Olivia post on this blog.


Then, of course, everything is becoming more difficult as now I have my swallowing difficulty and that this afternoon I have my feeding tube to be installed. Something will take it for granted easily until you cannot do it anymore.


This afternoon, Esther helped me count the followings, now I have these tubes attached to me:

1. 24 hours oxygen monitor

2. Nostril liquid feeding tube

3. Anesthetic pain management pump

4. 24 hours I.V. infusion tube

5. Yankauer (suction tube for mucus or saliva)

6. Urine catheter

7. 24 hours nurse ring bell .......


What a list!

6 comments:

  1. Chin up! Esther. Love has given you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep saying it day after day: We are with you ALL the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please be strong.

    God be with you, Esther and your fsmily.

    Thanks for writing your blog.

    King

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Matthew,

    The strength and courage inside you is enormous and I believe God will also carry you on HIS shoulder to go through all these. Always sense the presence of Lord! Children of God, Matthew, never be alone!

    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing.rememner your words'life normalization.

    Dinah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with in spirit and in prayer. Add oil, my friend!

    ReplyDelete