Pages

21 January, 2011

White again in Vancouver

Vancouver was covered in white again. My hospital bed is facing the direction of Granville Island and therefore I get a spectacular view from my room. I am sure a beautiful scenery from a hospital bed can help in stronger recovery. Those that did not have beds with good view shall stay strong and thus a strong recovery.

After being in the hospital for 2 weeks, most of the muscles start to get weaker and I need to start working with them and get them stronger. Yesterday, I started to drink the thickened water, but meantime I should not drink too fast in order to avoid choking, keep in mind that my major complication now is not to allow food/liquid to go into my air wave. The swallowing is taken slowly, almost like one sip at a time, and then allow the one sip to get to the stomach one at a time, so that I can swallow enough nutrients to keep me for the day, i.e. the energy that allows me to go for longer, and then longer. My body after all is my body. Obviously, some liquid are easier to swallow than the others, while some are tastier than others. The good news is that I can still "taste the tastes", and I can still "feel the texture of the food". Keep in mind only two days ago, it was me who cannot swallow and who do not even know the taste of a specific food item.

Global TV is promoting a campaign and a couple goes for it. A woman of 31 suffered from Terminal Stage IV cancer entered the competition. Her husband and she look great and are adorable. Their two kids, like many others, seem happy and trouble-free. Actually some of these shots gave me heart-breaking moments. Then, when I kind of settled and caught a few breaths, I told myself, "Everything will be okay!" Leave it to the hands of God, everything is going to be okay, one way or another! Compared to other fellow cancer patients in the other parts of the world, we are indeed the more lucky ones.

What we are doing now is: "stay strong, maintain our high spirit, work closely with the medical professionals and exercise and prepare our body for the key major challenges that will come our way in the near future.

It's difficult and nearly impossible for us to win God! We need to be gifted by Him if a miracle can take place. But what's important here is to open your heart wide enough, so when God grants us the miracle, we will be ready to accept, rather than sheltering ourselves away and having poor preparation.

Friends and fellows, I'm trying hard (as you can see) to walk to the other side of the challenge. No matter what the result will be, thank you for sharing the voyage with me as itself is an enjoyment. A joy!

1 comment: