Pages

18 January, 2011

Life is about tests, and then more tests!

I did not pass the swallowing test this morning. There are a few things they gave me to try out and in front of the x-ray machine, you can actually see yourself swallowing. Or more like it's the documentation channel, to show some negative image of someone trying to swallow. The purpose of this test, is to make sure that we can swallow properly and not to push the fluid or food into your lung. Because once this happens, a lot of complications may take place and pneumonia is one of them.

The Doctors and professionals don't really have an idea of what is going on, except that they are discussing among themselves what's the best way to go after this. Then, as you can imagine like in Europe, or Asia, more tests and then more tests. This also equates to a longer stay at the hospital.

There are quite a few things that one can do at the hospital. I shared the room with a few roommates already, they come and go, and this one, still with me is a young man. It's amazing that he had a surgery two days ago and now he is already down his bed and he is planning to check out. (Of course, I didn't tell the guy that I am also a Cancer Patient and that my bones are also cancerous) When I am walking through the process this time, I would say, "I am multi-tasking", i.e. trying to get a few problems/issues fixed all at one time.

Life is about staying strong and being optimistic, keeping your head high and working with people of the professional nature, so together positive energy accumulated and overcame the difficulty.

1 comment:

  1. Please be positive.

    Listen music and songs can help.

    Please keep on your good attitude and sometimes smile as usual and normal.

    Sure, you are brave enough to be our hero.

    Best blessing to you, Esther and your family.

    Regards,
    King

    ReplyDelete