Pages

09 December, 2010

My Friend (Cancer) Is Back!

Thank you to Joey (my brother) and his friends, who organized and invited Esther and I to join them for a 4 days trip to Las Vegas over last weekend. The weather was just perfect as it's not hot nor cold. It's purely coincident that on 5th December, 2010 (Sunday), starting 6:30am was the Las Vegas Marathon, and as we were staying in Wynn, and facing the Las Vegas Strip where the runners were running up and down, we had the best view of the 28,000 people running the marathon. It's really spectacular and makes you feel like running with them, or at least you can pretend to do so.

Then, on Monday 6th December, 2010, Esther and I went to see one of the 7 world natural wonders. Yes, you guessed right, the Grand Canyon. If you picked up any version of "100 places you must visit before you die", Grand Canyon is always in the list. Indeed, it's so so beautiful and immediately acquire the feeling of how small (and insignificant) we are.

Lately, two sides of my hip and my right chest are feeling some pain from time to time. Even though I am under pain management, the pain can be acute for the time and hit me hard. Like someone plunge a knife into you. Various tests and scans confirmed today that Cancer My Friend is now back, this time more on the liver and the chest bones. Like last time, I am going to treat my friend well. Of course, the result is not me to control, but you know what, the process I can at least choose to enjoy, rather than suffering from it. There are always two sides of a coin, and at least two sides of everything. We must learn, and re-learn, how to live peacefully with both sides of all things. No matter what cards we have in our hands, our job is to get the best out of them. If you look again, life is always good ... if you choose to see more the bright side of it and stay positively.

1 comment: