Pages

16 February, 2011

Progressing ... Slowly!

Today is the last session (of total 10 sessions) of my latest radiotherapy. The other treatment shall continue. The complication on my swallowing and other issues are making improvement, but slowly. Esther and I met with more doctors and it is apparent that among the doctors we received different, and sometime even conflicting messages and reasons of what happened. I went as far as the Internet can go, and without exhausting myself at this critical stage of recovery (as the priority remains on my cancer and body health), all I can say is my knowledge in this direction has increased and provided me more food for thoughts.

Pain is still under control, which is crucial. Food quality, hydration intake, and daily activities and quality increased, except that blood pressure is little low and special caution is needed in getting up and even the speed of walking around.

Families, friends and relatives are still providing their prayers which are continuously needed and please keep them coming. The road ahead will surely take more, or even much more than expected, require and consume more effort and energy. As long as the head is up and spirit is strong, and confident in yourself, no matter what, we shall walk tall and destiny is always certain. No matter how slow the progress may be, the process is more important for us to live through, and better to enjoy. Believe me, I do understand, I really do, it's easy said than done, then yet, it won't harm to at least try another time, walk a further step, and even if we failed trying, what else are we losing in the trying process? Then, why not try?

9 comments:

  1. It is nice to hear from you after so many days, even better to hear that there are some improvement and things are under control a bit.
    Even though we all have our own daily routine of running around, you are always in our prayers! I still believe in miracle!! We all miss you!!
    Estherino

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowly but surely. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning to keep trying and learn from the process is something that we all should learn and appreciate more. Becasue of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 各位好! 出版社通知,如無意外,先母的紀念文集會先於28號在大眾發售。
    敬希支持,收益將撥捐非牟利機構"同行力量",支持生死教育。
    詳情:http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/s017203/article?mid=861

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew, it is fantastic to hear that you are progressing. Keep your spirits high and never lose hope. Our family continues to pray for your health and hope you get well soon.
    From Frankie and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matthew, we are still expecting you to show up at our now weekly gethering. The party is never the same without you and Esther. We believe you will!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Matthew, how are you doing now. I just want you to know that we (CHL bunch) are all rooting for you. Add oil!! God bless!

    Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a true inspiration.
    I was forwarded the link to your blog by one of my good friends and I want you to know that you are an inspiration and have impacted someone who you do not know directly.
    I will be sending my prayers your way.
    Keep your head up high, as you said. Keep positive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, I enjoyed your blog and thanks for sharing such an informative post. We have been providing bespoke and unique Low Cost Funerals Barnsley for many years and we pride ourselves on ensuring each funeral is personal to you. Visit us.

    ReplyDelete