Pages

03 February, 2011

Gifted By God, Nothing I Need More!

Yesterday evening (2/Feb, 2011) is the last day of last year in Chinese Calender, and it's the dinner that we spent with family as a reunion (or Thanksgiving in North America). You may watch in the news how Chinese all around the world celebrating the Chinese New Year. As for my family, it's a relatively simple but heartwarming gathering. My Mom cook a very nice meal, filled with delicious and all the dishes of our favorite, and then we all gathered together and have a very nice time together. Irene, as told earlier, came all the way from London of UK, and here she is, sitting right in front of us, enjoying time together with us.

Then, today, Joey and Irene came to my house and we had a few very good conversation. One topic, among many other topics, is about my funeral and what should I plan for it. They provided their opinions and we had a very opened and sensible exchanges on the subject. It's wonderful that we can discuss of such serious subject with such an ease atmosphere. It's really great!

Kenneth, my nephew in Hong Kong called me this afternoon to wish me every best. I burst into tears not because of sadness but because of happiness. Kenneth borne when I was about 12 years old. He was part of teenage time as he lived with us. Later on he made his progress in life and it's about 8 years ago he established his family, and now he has a great wife, a beautiful daughter 7 years old and a boy 1 year old. Looking at his son, it reminds me of Kenneth when he was young, they are almost of the same face, and more important always laughing. Kenneth also found his career now in the interior design industry and have done a few very successful project. This part of his talent inherited from Joey. It is beautiful and made me so happy. And I am in tears ... of happiness!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is the times of that we shared woith our loved ones and the memories thereof that made me don't want to let go!

    ReplyDelete