Pages

29 November, 2010

28th November Is A Special Day!

Back in February this year, when the doctor said I had six to eight months to live, I didn't think too far from that point. Rather I focused on the "here and now" then at that time. Days and weeks come and go, then months come and go, and I treasure it as a big gift that now in November and almost December and I am still around. The "here and now" is certainly not the same of the then "here and now", but you know what, yesterday was the birthday of Esther. Another birthday that I can sing the song with my kids besides us, see her blowing the candle and eating the cake afterward. You have no idea how fortunate I find myself and such a luxury that I enjoyed.

What made yesterday more special was Olivia attended the Sunday Mass with us! And it's coincidental that it's also the first Sunday mass of Advent, and usually this date we use a new book of mass.

I will not give up hope, as it's actually the least we can do. It will not hurt and can only do you good. We do our part and not to worry about the result, as the traditional wisdom goes ... Try your best and leave the rest to God!

2 comments:

  1. Esther, a Belated Happy Birthday!
    Matthew, you are going great! Keep it up!

    Eric & Elli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Esther,

    Belated Happy Birthday! You look great!

    ReplyDelete