Pages

07 August, 2010

First Week Into Normal Life!

This week's weather, to most of people in Pacific coast, is so so nice! Some may say the day time is a bit hot but then the blue sky, the white clouds, the fresh dry air. This morning, the last day of the week, the sky turns a bit gray, and earlier this morning, there was rain coming down and the grass is still wet with darker color.

This week is a memorable week, not because of it's weather, but because this week is the first week for me, and my family, to return to normal life. There is a pain-killer advertisement in the TV, which says, "Return to your normal ... whatever your normal is!" ... Okay ... WHATEVER my normal is, or more precisely, whatever my normal WAS! ... Hahahah!

Last Monday (2nd August) was a long weekend, for the BC Day. Together with hundred something church goers from Canadian Chinese Martyr's Church in Richmond, we visited the Westminster Abbey in Mission. The drive was very comfortable, except my GPS, nicknamed as Simon, kept giving me poor directions, and most often he would say "make a U-Turn if possible". Simon didn't really force me to make a U-Turn, but it is rather annoying to do so as we polite drivers seldom make U-Turn in the middle of the road.

Then, starting Tuesday to Friday, I was working mostly as before. In other words, this is the first week that I return to my normal life, and functioning as if I have not been sick before. Although I am in medication, I am working also to reduce the morphine that I am taking, and I am very glad to say that I am making reasonable progress on it. Then, in the evening, it's now a routine that Esther and I will have an after dinner walk and chit-chat what happened during the day! I am also glad that most of my friends and colleagues also treated me the same as before. We talk and work as if I have not been sick before. Tell ya ... this really gives me very good feeling ... returning to normal as a normal person ... and I am not sick anymore! From time to time, there are stress in my skeletal bones still remind me I am not good in certain postures. Then, I guess it's perfectly okay to admit I have weaknesses in certain position of my body.

I also continue to communicate with cancer fellows or their caregivers. Answering emails and attending phone calls and do whatever possible to aid and smooth their emotion. I am certainly glad that some of you told me and endorsed that my assistance are of big help to you or your relatives suffering cancer. Let me tell you again ..."The pleasure is really mine that I can be of help ... keep in mind that not long ago, or actually still is, I am a cancer patient and I am still living well with him!

This is only the first week, like the first step of a baby learning to walk. I definitely need to work harder in this direction and I am gifted that everyday I found meanings in my life. Praise the Lord!


Esther and I standing in front of the Westminster Abbey in Mission. A beautiful church inside!

2 comments:

  1. Let's us all keep up with the spirit you have built/created over the last few months and be a reminder to us all that life is as precious as you can make/want it to be, and it is in your hands to do so, or not to do so....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew, you are the same as before in my eyes. Keep it up, you've inspired many people and your friends around you. Eric

    ReplyDelete