Pages

12 August, 2010

(Almost) An Accident!

There is an interview section with OmniTV this afternoon, so I need to drive downtown. After the recording, and the time was about 3:30pm, in my way back to Richmond. I had a car accident ... almost.

The traffic actually was kind of slow like what you would expect during the day traveling on Main Road, towards south direction. My car stopped, as the first car at the traffic light when facing perpendicularly with King's Edward Road, which is considered a main road. I as in the right side, the slow lane, while next to me, the fast lane was a red 4x4 truck seated with two guys. The traffic light turned green and like every time I did, I pedal on the gas and allow the car to accelerate from it's static position. My eyes were naturally facing forward. Then, the incident happened ... in a split of a second. In the corner of my left eye, I somehow felt the truck next to me was making a abrupt stop. My brain was not really thinking but my natural response, and I must admit it's a unconscious response, was to stop my car too! When my car was almost stopped, I heard a loud crash sound not too far from me. My head turned to the direction of the sound, then I saw a white Mercedes-Benz  C-Class sport car crashed into the left head of the truck. The truck didn't really move a lot, but the Mercedes-Benz then took a longer distance to stopped, almost in the middle of the road and not too far from where my car was. Luckily nobody was hurt. Despite the hard crash sound, I would have expected a much bigger damage to both the cars. Thereafter was the usual stuff of getting the insurance things sorted out.

Until I gained back my own conscious I only then learned I was having some serious body sweat. If I did not respond and stopped my car, surely the white Mercedes-Benz would have crashed on me after crashing on the truck. And as it would have crashed on the left side where the driver was sitting, I am not sure if I would need to be hospitalized. Highly probably, it's a "Yes"!

Everyday we are living, enjoying things that we took them for granted. One incident after another, the message is loud and clear that we cannot take things for granted, and yet granted, we took things for granted and seldom we would show our appreciation to things that are already in our possession.

Thank you for the reminder! Thinking of it ... I am still in sweat!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It was quite a story. Thanks God, no one was hurt in the accident. Eric

    ReplyDelete